Ascott Entertainment is growing and we’re seeking talented, full-time intermediate and senior front-end developers to help us continue to build great products.
Who we are
Askott Entertainment is a developer of iGaming systems. We are a Vancouver based team that has been around for over 6 years developing our platform and winning awards with our products. We are a small and growing team of software artisans who are always looking for ways to improve our process.
This position will be working with our platform engineering team in Vancouver, BC.
- Implement new features and enhance the user experience across multiple clients using our React (ES6+), Angular (TypeScript), and SASS CSS dev stack
- Ensure code quality through unit testing, proper tooling, and peer code review
- Push code and see it go live the same week
- Work with a Product Manager and UI/UX Designer to refine scope
- Occasionally assist with the investigation and resolution of support issues
- Routinely give time estimates for what you're working on
- You are a team player, open to various forms of collaboration
- You love to ship things
- You have a passion for technology and the desire to champion ideas and share your knowledge
- You take pride in your work and have an appreciation for the user experience
- You are receptive to feedback and are excited to learn and share with your colleagues
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- You are comfortable working independently in a small team
Why you should join us
Enjoy your work, enjoy your life: We offer all our employees competitive salaries, flexible work schedules, regular remote working, a generous flexible vacation policy and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Building the future: The esports space is growing exponentially, and it's exciting to be building products as new opportunities emerge.
Deploy small, deploy often: We use modern continuous integration and deployment processes, so users have your work in their hands early and often.
Skills and qualifications
- 2+ years of industry experience
- experience with React (ES6+), Angular (TypeScript), CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- experience with git or similar VCS
- experience writing unit tests
- experience using secure, RESTful web APIs
- experience using Node.js and NPM
- experience with Grunt, Webpack, and front-end build tools in general
- Explicit experience with our stack
- Do you contribute to open source projects or have a passion project? Tell us about it!
Get in Touch
Does this sound like you? Get in touch!